Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Anfang

All right, here's my sixth blog (at least: 1 2 3 4 5) starting up. This may well be foolhardy, given that I only update one of the other ones with any frequency. I hold out some hope though that this one will have some continuing vitality, because the intended subject is music, listening to it and making it; this is almost certainly my greatest passion these days.

Now, at the start of 2011 I began using my Tumblr as a music blog, it having had a previous half-year's life as a place to post interesting Google Maps satellite images. In this capacity it has lain fallow for ten months (which would seem to bode ill for this blog, but just humor me for the moment). A few minutes ago I found another satellite image that I really want to share, and that has pushed me to restore the Tumblr to its original purpose, which seems to fit much more naturally with the nature of Tumblr as basically a microblogging, often image-sharing platform. Blogspot, meanwhile, is the platform for my favorite music blogs and the best-established site for long-winded text posts.

So, to start I think I will transfer the music posts from Low Earth Orbit. These will show snapshots of my thinking on music that may have obsolesced to some degree over the ensuing weird year 2011, but which are still of some value precisely because of that obsolescence.

No comments:

Post a Comment